smtp

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Wed Apr 21 11:22:51 UTC 2004

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, adelpfe at yahoo.fr wrote:

> please list
> until I configure my modem, does any one knows any smtp server that permit
> send mails (without testing if have an account on that mail server).
> I believe that recently , many smtp servers  don't allow sending mail for
> author mails adresses).
> thanks

Generally speaking, no.  And, in all honesty, I'm fairly sure that I speak
for everyone on this list when I say even if we did know of any open
relays, we're good enough netizens that we wouldn't tell anyone where they
were.

Having said that, if you want to relay, you'll need to talk to your
upstream ISP, or a friend who has a mail server of their own.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS
telnet://dogpound2.citadel.org or http://dogpound2.citadel.org:2000

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit