daemon name to put in /etc/hosts.allow

Keith Morse kgmorse at mpcu.com
Thu Apr 22 18:10:54 UTC 2004

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:

> Hi,
> Sorry that this seems like a dumb question. But how do I know the "daemon
> name" to put in /etc/hosts.allow for some service? Is the daemon name
> basically just the same name as the one listed in "chkconfig --list"
>
> Thanks
> RDB

Wasn't sure myself so I looked at "man hosts_access"  and it appears that
the name of the daemon is the correct thing to use.  I don't think
"chkconfig --list" would be 100% reliable as far as the name of the daemon
goes though.  Probably need to verify in the init script the correct name
of the daemon.