Installing RHEL v3 WS on an Athlon 3400+ <MORE problems>

Cannon, Andrew Andrew.Cannon at nnc.co.uk
Mon Apr 26 08:25:07 UTC 2004

More problems. After having to perform a text based install (which is NOT
the same as the GUI despite what the manual says), I cannot get any sort of
GUI. The system must still think it is a headless system and hasn't
configured X, there are no nvidia kernel headers (according to the nVidia
driver installation pack) and I'm fast running out of ideas. I can't edit
XF86Config because it isn't there.

Any ideas on this. If I boot into run level 5 will the system try and
configure X? Do I need to install X again and configure it by hand (a decent
HOWTO would be good, but they all assume that XF86config is present).

Andy