installing SSH

Go, Jeffrey jeffrey.go at sap.com
Tue Apr 27 16:32:46 UTC 2004

Thanks Reuben,

(smacking my head now)...

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Reuben D. Budiardja
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 9:26 AM
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: Re: installing SSH

On Tuesday 27 April 2004 12:16 pm, Go, Jeffrey wrote:
> hi
> I am installing SSH on my RHEL server.  I did the ./configure part, but
> when I do a "make install" command, it says it cannot find a compiler.. any
> ideas where I can get one?

First, why are you compiling SSH by yourself if you have RHEL server? openSSH
RPM is there included in the distro, and all you have to do is using RPM to
install it. Any security updates will come from Redhat directly.

Why makes life harder on yourself by installing SSH from source?

RDB

--
Reuben D. Budiardja
Department of Physics and Astronomy