CVS

MKlinke mklinke at axsi.com
Wed Apr 28 20:32:19 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 28 April 2004 10:42, María José Reartes wrote:
> Hi,
>
>             Does anyone know how to make reserved checkouts? I need
> to ensure that a file which is being edited by a user couldn't be
> edited by another one..
> Thank you all
>
> MaJo

CVS is named the "Concurrent Versioning System" for a reason and
consequently reserved checkouts aren't fully supported but you can do
it via the administrative functions ( -L parameter, I think ).  There
is another mechanism available too; the "watch" command which will
allow for editing notifications to people who are "watching" a
file/module.

This is discussed a LOT on the CVS email list:

Info-cvs mailing list
Info-cvs at gnu.org