unable to login as user

Bill Clery bill at lyceumllc.com
Fri Apr 30 12:52:12 UTC 2004

Sounds like a basic invalid username/password.

The hanging is just a security thing so that you can't try passwords as fast
as your security cracking program can generate them.

Log in as root and look closely at the user account.  Check that it is not
de-activated.  Give it a new password incase you mistyped the one thats in
there.

Watch the case too.  Is your caps lock on?

Bill