NFS problem

Is there something more to setting up an NFS share than what was in the
Red Hat 9 Customization Guide?  My server PC (bullet) has a small hard
drive (2GB) and only has enough room for the necessary server files, so
I wanted to export my main PC's (baby) root directory read-only to
bullet and mount it there, but every time I try I get this error:

[root localhost root]# mount baby.espersunited.com:/ /usr/nfs
mount: RPC: Remote system error - Connection refused