Re: ftp change directory

Ed,

Thank you again, you are the best!
You' Da Man!

Thanks. Richard

Thanks

Ed Wilts wrote:

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 12:05:42PM -0400, Richard Wigfall wrote:

I am running RH Advanced Server 2.1 and cannot navigate out of my home directory when connected to the system with wu-ftp version 2.6.1-23.2, which is the version included and updated through up2date. The error indicates lack of permissions. I am also still running RH 6.2 on another machine and have always been able to navigate to any directory I want, and the permissions are the same on both machines.
Can anyone tell me what is the problem and how to fix it?

The issue is your /etc/ftpaccess file. man ftpaccess and look for chroot.

With RHL 6.2, the default ftpaccess file that Red Hat shipped did not
enable chroot by default.  In later releases, they changed that.  You
might be able to simply copy /etc/ftpaccess from your 6.2 system to your
AS2.1 system, but be VERY careful of any other directives in there.