Re: updates

On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 10:47:55PM -0400, Ryan Golhar wrote:
> Is there a way to automatically download updated rpm packages?  I'm
> about to rebuild a bunch of machines and I have the outdates packages
> from the CD.  I don't want the systems to redownload all the updated
> packages.

up2date -k <CD directory>

The -k option tells up2date to search that directory first for updates.
You'll still contact the RHN servers to get the package list, but if the
updated package is found in your pre-specified directory, it will be
installed from there.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts ewilts org