AS 2.1, cluconfig quorum partition problem

Thomas Belote tbelote at tarantella.com
Wed Aug 4 23:39:55 UTC 2004

I'm running Redhat AS 2.1, kernel 2.4.9-e.3. This is on two dell 2650s
with a Perc 3/DC controller and a powervault 220S (With two controller
cards and the powervault is in cluster mode). I can mount the shared
drives (ext3) on both systems (even at the same time, but I have
trouble writing then). And I'm trying to the cluster manager working,
but I'm stuck in the documentation in chapter 3 with this quorum
partition.

when I try to run:
cluconfig --init=/dev/raw/raw1
I get the following error:
Red Hat Cluster Manager Configuration Utility (running on localhost)

- Retrieving the database from the quorum partition...
Failed to copy specified partition: /dev/raw/raw1

Message from syslogd at houston at Wed Aug  4 16:48:04 2004 ...
houston cludb[4238]: <emerg> diskLseekRawReadChecksum: bad check sum,
part = 0 offset = 62464 len = 20

Message from syslogd at houston at Wed Aug  4 16:48:04 2004 ...
houston cludb[4238]: <emerg> diskLseekRawReadChecksum: bad check sum,
part = 1 offset = 62464 len = 20

Message from syslogd at houston at Wed Aug  4 16:48:04 2004 ...
houston cludb[4238]: <emerg> diskLseekRawReadChecksum: bad check sum,
part = 0 offset = 62464 len = 20

I have restarted rawdevices and rebooted since making the change below.
My rawdevices contains:
[root at houston sysconfig]# cat rawdevices
# raw device bindings
#          <rawdev> <blockdev>
# example: /dev/raw/raw1 /dev/sda1
#          /dev/raw/raw2 8 5