Sendmail issue

McDougall, Marshall (FSH) MarMcDouga at gov.mb.ca
Thu Aug 5 17:08:50 UTC 2004

I have a couple of RHES2.1 servers that are presenting me with an
interesting sendmail problem. When I compose an email, I cannot terminate
the note.  I try with just a dot, or using cntrl-d to no avail.  I cannot
finish the note, subsequently, I cannot send it either.  I have gone through
the sendmail.mc macro and I don't see anywhere to alter the usage of the
terminating chars. I see that one of the options for starting sendmail is
Ignoredots, but I am not using that option. I have copied sendmail.cf files
from working servers and it makes no difference. Has anyone seen this one
before?  Any assistance appreciated.  Thanks.

Regards, Marshall