gnome problem

Wayne Pinette Wpinette at cariboo.bc.ca
Thu Aug 5 17:57:49 UTC 2004

Well Im assuming someone is going to tell me to go to another list, but I thought I would ask here first anyways.  Im setting up a server which will be accessed via X-windows by students working on projects.  They will most likely be using the Gnome window environment, and Im trying to figure out a way to set up the main panel for all new users (similar to the /etc/skel/X  system) for their gnome environments.  Turns out it is not this easy.  Im using gnome 2.2 and yes I went to the web site,and found that both their script and examples are out of date since the keys they say to adjust don't exist and their example script gives an error.  Basically Im looking to strip out most of what ends up in the main menu panel, and  can't seem to find where that is stored, nor can I figure out the format to store personal settings in.  Just wondering if anyone has any insite/ideas.  If not I guess I will need to join another list :-|

Wayne Pinette