Kickstart post install config

Anoop Bhat abhat at interpublic.com
Fri Aug 6 23:05:32 UTC 2004

hello,

I am attempting to write the post-install script on my kickstart config file
and so far it has been good.

I am currently running it in a nonchrooted environment (ie i have to use
/mnt/sysimage) but I would like to be able to execute some commands outside
the chroot and then manually chroot to /mnt/sysimage and execute the rest of
my script.

So far I've tried /usr/bin/chroot /usr/sbin/chroot and just chroot all with
just /mnt/sysimage as the new root.

Everytime the post-install gets to this part, it just hangs forever. Prior
to trying the chroot, the script copies files from /tmp and moves them to
the sysimage which work perfectly and I have verified this. Its just the
chroot that hangs and then I have to break the script or reboot it and it
boots up normally but it does not perform any of the commands after the
chroot which lead me to believe that its hung.

Any ideas on what i'm doing wrong? should i only stick to --nochroot or
chroot it and forget about it or has anyone else successfully been able to
begin in --nochroot and then chroot /mnt/sysimage?

thanks

-Anoop