MySQL 4 and PHP 5

Chris Lott Chris.Lott at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 20:07:25 UTC 2004

Any idea how long before new software gets integrated into the RedHat
Enterprise distributions? PHP 5 is pretty new, but MySQL 4 has been
out for a while. I am enjoying the easy maintenance of my new RedHat
Enterprise 3 servers, but I am starting to get some demands for MySQL
4 and, to some degree, PHP 5. I don't know that much about the RPM
process, but it seems like if I need to use one of these I pretty much
end up needing to compile everything by hand-- kind of an all RPM or
nothing?

Chris Lott