Uploading files via telnet instead of FTP to a RH 8 server?

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Sat Aug 7 21:20:39 UTC 2004

"Barry S." <help at codefit.com> writes:

>>for that you need the pscp.exe module.
>>
>>It works only in a dos window (or last time I used it(about a yr ago)
>>it did.
>
> Oh OK thanks Harry, that makes it simpler (I think).  I'll try it out.
>
> I ran a "path pscp.exe" in dos prompt and it came up blank, I assume that
> means I don't have pscp.exe on desktop and need to download & install it on
> PC?
> If so, where could I get it?

If you don't know about putty modules.  I'll tell you they are each
one a stand alone product.  All one really needs is the actual
executale file.  putty.exe  pscp.exe ... there are several more. Each
does one task well.

In the case of pscp.exe, it is a dos only tool I beleive unless
changed recently.  So to use it you need to give its full path if not
in your windows path already or cd to the directory where it is.

You'll find it a little easier if you if put the file to be
transferred in there with it.  Start your dos box in that directory or
cd to it from a dos box, then run:

pscp.exe file_to_transfer  user at server:/path/

If you wan to change the files name on `server' then add the name you
like after :/path/