dynamic DNS and /etc/hosts

Noah admin2 at enabled.com
Sun Aug 8 00:35:28 UTC 2004

> > can you please send me your copy of /etc/hosts file so I understand how you
> > have it
> >
> > I am running my own dynamic DNS server.  so I am the Provider.
> >
> You are your own provider?  I don't know if this will help but
> here's my /etc/hosts file:

yeah I provide DNS for My own zone.

> # Do not remove the following line, or various programs
> # that require network functionality will fail.
> 127.0.0.1	localhost.localdomain	localhost
> 10.10.0.1	palmettodomains.com palmetto
> 10.10.0.2	edukes1.palmettodomains.com edukes1
> 10.10.0.3	p120.palmettodomains.com p120

okay I see that you need to have the /etc/hosts entry for the IP address for
the interface for the internal network.   that will work it appears.  I was
removing the entry for the interface for the interface facing my internet
service provider.  if that makes any sense?

cheers,

Noah