sound card

Shiraz Baig shiraz_baig at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 11 01:09:33 UTC 2004

Sir,
I am working on a sound-player-recorder program. I am
looking for a simplest possible program to understand
the mechanics. I located a program parrot.c. It is an
excellent program, very simple and very elegant. But
it does not work :(.

There are certain ioctl commands using constants like
SOUND_PCM_WRITE_BITS and SOUND_PCM_WRITE_CHANNELS.
Where is the source documentation for such constants
for the sound card?

So, I have two questions. Where can I find...

  a. A simplest possible example of sound program to
record and play wav files.

  b. Source code for ioctl commands for the sound
card.... Just tell me for any source code, so that i
have an idea where to find them?

Thanks.
Shiraz