[RH List] RE: Separate shell and www servers...

Ben Yau byau at cardcommerce.com
Tue Aug 17 19:35:21 UTC 2004

> Sorry, that should say group owned by the default group of the
> UID that runs
> your webserver.  e.g. if apache runs as "nobody", then /home/www and all
> subdirs should be group owned by /home/www (similar to
> /var/mail/username is
> user owned by username and group owned by sendmail's group )

Freaking A ---

This is usually a sign that I'm one cup of coffee short for the day.

I think you know what I meant, but here it is again

if apache runs as "nobody" then /home/www/username (and all subdirs) should
be user owned by username and group owned by "nobody".   Similar to
/var/mail/username is user owned by username and group owned by sendmail's
group, usually "mail"

*sigh*

Ben