Fedora Core and Lexar JumpDrive Sport USB Flash Drive

Tue Aug 17 20:41:58 UTC 2004

Hello Everybody,

   I am trying to get Lexar JumpDrive Sport USB Flash Drive (512 MB)
to work properly on my Fedora Core 1 system.  I am not having any
luck.  The same Lexar Flash Drive however works perfectly fine on a
Redhat 7.2 system (using mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/flash).

   I spent most of the day googling for some sort of  clue on how I
could fix this but couldn't find anything.

   My kernel version is 2.4.22-1

    I tried to mount the Flash Drive as such:

      mount -t vfat /dev/sdb1 /mnt/flash

    (the flash directory under mount was already created)

     I got the following error:

     mount: /dev/sdb1 is not a valid block device

      I didn't use sda1 thru 3 as they are already mounted (as /boot,
/ , and /swap via my SCSI harddrive)

      When I run dmesg after attaching the flash card I get the
following message (this might be helpful, but I don't know what to do
with it)

       hub.c: new USB device 00:07.2-2, assigned address 14
       usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
       usb.c: USB device not accepting new address=14 (error=-110)

When I run lsusb after the flash card is attached I get the following

[root at xxxxxxxx]# lsusb
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

   I can't recall the model of the motherboard (how would I find this
out under KDE?).  It is a dual processor PIII machine.

   If anybody has any ideas of what I can try to get this Flash card
to work (or an explanation of why it won't work) it would be greatly
appreciated.

   Do I need to give more information to troubleshoot this?

Regards,
   Roman