Network monitoring tools

Steve Phillips steve at focb.co.nz
Tue Aug 17 23:13:58 UTC 2004

What your looking for is something like netflow, which can be a little
daunting to setup unless you have a semi-decent cisco or like router that
can do flow exports. in this case look for something like cflowd
(http://www.freshmeat.net has lots of good resources for this sort of
thing) or the perl netflow collector (cant recall the exact url but a web
search for it should find stuff)

Failing that, ntop and nacctd (netacct) may also provide you with the
information you require.

--
Steve.