inode change after install?

kenwardc kenwardc at tgis.co.uk
Wed Aug 18 15:25:49 UTC 2004

Hi All

This doesn't make much sense to me as I'm pretty new to Linux. We have
a Redhat mail server that every now and again falls over. When we do a
FSCK on the unit it says something about there being not enough
inodes. Someone said it's because either not enough or too many were
allocated at system build.

Would appreciate a lesson in inodes from any experts out there and
also an answer to the question as to whether it's possible to change
the inode "allocation?" now, post install?

All the best
Chris

---
All messages scanned by AVG 7.0 Anti-Virus scanner and TGIS Anti-Spam Firewall.