logwatch logreport errors

Alexey Fadyushin fab at s-tunnel.com
Sat Aug 21 14:38:03 UTC 2004

It seems like a hardware read or write error on disk hdd during the
period between
logrotate runs. You can find more information on the error occurred in
the
log in which logrotate found that lines. Usually the messages about disk
errors are written to /var/log/messages.
When such messages are begin to appear in the logs it is the time to
consider
the replacement of the hard drive - in this case it is drive /dev/hdd.

Alexey Fadyushin.
Brainbench MVP for Linux
http://www.brainbench.com