Postfix error

kenwardc kenwardc at tgis.co.uk
Fri Aug 27 17:58:57 UTC 2004

Hi there Steve

> Is the inbound e-mail submitted through hivemail (like through a web
> interface) or is postfix piping an inbound e-mail to hivemail?

It's piping in Email to hivemail.

> luser? I see luser_relay in main.cf.

That's the one! luser_relay is set to hivemail.

> Have you read the chapter about using luser_relay at:
> http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html

Nope! But I will do now! <grin>

> So what is this script checking? envelope recipient or header
> recipient. If so, how is postfix passing these parameters?

Now this one I can't answer. Not sure but I think postfix simply hands
it to Hivemail which then does the checking in the database. Reason I
say I think it's Hivemail rather than postfix is that our postfix is
not compiled for MySQL support, so can't be doing the validation
itself.

> Have you tried turning on debugging in postfix? See:

Yep - Gives me loads of information which says incoming mail accepted
etc. and then still just comes up with that error.

> Also, are you possibly running postfix in a chroot'd
> environment? The debug_readme talks about howto enable/disable this.

Nope - I specifically have it set to 'n' in the master.cf file.

Heh heh - getting interesting yet? <chuckle> Thanks again for your
reply!

Chris

---
All messages scanned by AVG 7.0 Anti-Virus scanner and TGIS Anti-Spam Firewall.