Calif. cities, counties sue Microsoft

IT Dept ismanager at ccbnpts.com
Mon Aug 30 18:14:56 UTC 2004

Glass stomach installed and ready ... no monkeys yet ...

Sadly you miss the point and that point is that lawsuits WILL NOT cause
M$ to lose any of what it's gained. Are you saying that Novell was sued
and that is why they lost the desktop and server war with M$? I find
that a surprising stand ... since it's not backed up with anything like
fact. Or maybe your saying that Novell lost due to the Feds imposing
sanctions due to a court settlement? Again not supported by facts. So
what exactly are you comparing? We are talking about LAWSUITS not the
failure of Novell to properly leverage it's base against M$.

As a avid Novell user (and CNA) my only hope is that Novell, now backed
up by their SuSE acquisition, will finally get it right after far too
long. But again this is not the point.

The point is that LAWSUITS will not cause M$ sufficient monetary damage
to do any good. They are entrenched and until their legs are cut out
from under them (via Novell, Linux, or anyone else good enough) they
will weather these stupid lawsuits all the while painting themselves as
the "good business wronged".

And that makes me wonder who is pulling the strings in Cali that once
again put M$ in the spotlight ... remember there is no bad press when
you can say "look we already settled this they are just after blood from
a stone". The government (et all) already gets STEEP discounts on
software so this is tailor made for a PR coup for M$.

Now do you get the point?

Paul P.