up2date error

dv8 deviating at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 23:04:04 UTC 2004

 Hello,

I just finished installing Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 and now I am
running into problems trying to update.  During step 3 of the
registration phase, the included info to be sent to Redhat displays
the following:

Red Hat Linux version:  ERROR   CPU model: ERROR
                Hostname:  ERROR   CPU speed: ERROR
          IP address:   ERROR      Memory: ERROR

I also get an hourglass cursor icon that does not do anything.  If I
click "forward" to send the registration info, the progress dialog box
just sits there and does not do anything.  Has anyone run into a
similar problem?  Any help with this is appreciated.