upgrade to shrike from 7.3, results

Jurvis LaSalle lasalle at bard.edu
Thu Dec 2 17:12:35 UTC 2004

On Dec 2, 2004, at 11:35 AM, mark wrote:

> After having complete and total failure on the "upgrade" - if anyone's
> paying any attention from RedHat, this is *not* acceptable in a
> business environment, or for desktop users - every single time the
> python scripts with anaconda *failed* with unhandled exceptions, I
> went on to Plan B.
[snip]
> All in all, she's upgraded...but this is a *lousy* way to expect
> barely-computer-literate desktop-oriented users to expect to do an
> upgrade...since it *ain't*, it's an install.
>
> *sigh*

Congratulations!  You've upgraded from a release that Red Hat stopped
supporting December '03 to a release that Red Hat stopped supporting
April '04.  It's clear from your actions that you've done very little
research into which upgrade paths Red Hat actually supports.
	I suggest that you visit http://fedoralegacy.org/ for security and bug
fixes to RH9 *or* install a distro that is still supported by Red Hat
like the latest Fedora Core release or Red Hat Enterprise Linux.

hth,
Jurvis LaSalle