Web (URL) filtering

Michael Scully agentscully at flexiblestrategies.com
Thu Dec 9 23:57:29 UTC 2004

Rudy:

	If you're trying to enforce a company web browsing policy, most URL
filters are worthless.  These are best down with a subscription service.  I
know some of the router manufacturers offer them.  There are thousands of
new domains registered every week, and someone has to research and classify
them (sports, porn, gambling, entertainment, file swapping, etc.).  You
really want to block entire classes of site, not just looking for something
in the web name.

Scully