Verizon with linux?

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Sun Dec 19 04:24:52 UTC 2004

There is a way, folks.

Use a router that does authentication, internally, instead of relying on
the Verizon "dialer".

I've got SBC DSL, myself...they won't support Linux...but they don't
really have to, if you use a router like that.

In fact, I've got a Netopia Cayman router...I just turned off the
firewalling, so that my Linux firewall could do its thing.  PPPoE auth is
done by the router, itself, and I don't have to worry about what client OS
I'm using.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit