[Q] how to make RPM install old driver??

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Sun Dec 5 11:45:40 UTC 2004

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 13:17:38 +0200, Karasik, Vitaly wrote:

> Michael is right, of course - force ==  --replacepkgs --replacefiles --oldpackage, but IMHO, with "-i" it won't replace files [only with "-U"]

No, hence my warning. --replacefiles applies to -i/--install, too, and
would ignore file conflicts and overwrite existing files, which belong
into other packages already.

If you really want to install an older package, which refuses to install
because a newer version is installed already, use option --oldpackage.
But if that fails due to file/dependency conflicts, don't --force install
it without know exactly what you're doing.

--
Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux 2.6.9-1.681_FC3
loadavg: 1.21 1.36 1.98