Amanda backup problems

James Marcinek jmarc1 at jemconsult.biz
Wed Dec 8 22:05:42 UTC 2004

Hello Everyone,

I recently implemented amanda on a RH9 system. The following rpm's are
installed:

rpm -qa |grep amanda
amanda-server-2.4.3-4
amanda-2.4.3-4
amanda-client-2.4.3-4

I've had it running for a couple of weeks and all is good. Several 'actual'
backups were missed, due to the tape not being onsite, and were dumped to the
holding area.

I'm trying to dump the backups from disk to tape using the amflush command. I
issue the command using no options (e.g. amflush normal), select the appropriate
date and then hit the enter (goes into the background by default)...

When I start the amflush, the children processes, taper among others are idle
the whole time so nothing's happening.

The normal amdump backups are working fine... Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

James