NFS Stuff

Jurvis LaSalle lasalle at bard.edu
Tue Dec 14 00:04:55 UTC 2004

On Dec 13, 2004, at 6:00 PM, Brian D. McGrew wrote:

> Good afternoon all:
>
> I'm trying to figure out how to make NFS work over TCP.  My NFS servers
> are a RedHat 9 box and a RedHat 7.3 box.  We've got some clients that
> are having real problems accessing them over UDP.  How do I go about
> setting NFS to run over TCP?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -brian
> --
>> YOU!  Off my planet!

Client side: Are you using the tcp mount option?  apropos nfs, man
mount, man nfs.
Server side: I googled on "redhat nfs over tcp" and found this-
http://www.redhat.com/archives/redhat-list/2003-May/msg00624.html
Looks like you'll need to recompile the kernel.  Google can help with
that too...

hth,
Jurvis LaSalle