CROND[5451]: LAuS error - meaning???

James Harrison jamesaharrisonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 14 17:51:43 UTC 2004

Ive found the solution to the problem.

> it looks like it's important to many subsystems
It hooks into PAM (configurable), thats probably why you cant login.  The lib
rpm contains /lib/security/pam_laus.so. Add:

session    optional      /lib/security/$ISA/pam_laus.so

to /etc/pam.d/system-auth

run /sbin/service audit start

then use /usr/sbin/aucat to print out what it does.

Does anyone know what you can do with the information audit produces?

Thanks

James Harrison