storing todays date into a shell variable

Mulley, Nikhil mnikhil at corp.untd.com
Thu Dec 16 07:31:08 UTC 2004

Yeah , I got it earlier ,
Thanks Rino :)

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com]On Behalf Of Rino Mardo
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2004 12:44 PM
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list
Subject: Re: storing todays date into a shell variable

you need to use the double-quotes instead of single-quotes. ;-)

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 12:41:11 +0530, Mulley, Nikhil
<mnikhil at corp.untd.com> wrote:
> Yeah Bill, I do not want to reuse the TODAY variable external to the shell script, But what I want to say is When I echo $TODAY  variable , it is not displaying the Data.
> myprompt$./storedate
> ./storedate: +%m/%d/%y: not found
> myprompt$
>
> ~Nikhil.

"Every morning, I get up and look through the 'Forbes' list of the
richest people in America.  If I'm not there, I go to work"
	-- Robert Orben

fingerprint: F615 80CF 76A4 9B73 23CF  7BBC 473B D1B1 751B 8297