How to adjust the printout position with CUPS

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Thu Dec 16 08:42:34 UTC 2004

Michael Wu wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I can adjust the printout position with the file gs_init.ps when I use
> LPrng, but I cannot find out the equivalent when I use CUPS. I have
> googled with the keywords "cups" "gs_init.ps" "margin", and "
> alignment"; however, there are no satisfactory results appeared. Please
> give me some guide or directions if available.
>
> Thank you for any assistance in advance.

You didn't say what version of the OS you are running....

On RHELv3 when running "redhat-config-printer" going to the "Queue
options" tab one gets options like "Top margin" and such.

Is that helpful?

--
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
fools."

--Ford Prefect in "Mostly Harmless".