Re: Incorrect Login for root

Hi Ben,

securtetty shows vc1 to vc8 and tty1 to tty8.

Prasad

At 09:17 PM 12/19/2004 -0500, you wrote:
V.V.Prasad wrote:
Hi,
I am using RH6.1.
When I try root login, I get Incorrect Login.
I enter through Lilo and Linux single mode and change the root password. However, when I exit single user and try to login again as root, I get the same result: Incorrect Login.

What do you have in /etc/securetty?

-Ben.