RHCE exam prep advice

Ed Wilts, RHCE ewilts at ewilts.org
Wed Dec 22 02:28:10 UTC 2004

On 12/21/2004 07:14 PM, Jared Johnson wrote:

> The ONLY reason Red Hat doesn't want the material "shared" as
> you stated, (but it would be better to see proof of that), is because they
> want to make money, money, money. Remember, they charge thousands of dollars
> for that material.

Red Hat's Training department spent thousands of dollars developing that
course.  They're not just charging thousands of dollars for the course -
they're also funding their instructors' salaries, travel expenses,
computers, etc.

> That means anyone with a few thousand dollars can get the material.

Yup.  Red Hat does the work and you pay them for that work.  People with
lots of money can buy my work too.  My employer does this.  Interesting
concept - you should try it some time.

> Doesn't that just sound... wrong?

Nope.  Expecting that you can violate somebody else's copyright and
using their work for your gain is wrong.

> Simple matter of who has more green bucks in their pocket.

No.  It's a simple matter of copyright law.  If you don't like the law,
leave the country.  Don't steal somebody else's work.

I'm really done talking to you now.  You're too unethical to continue
discussing this issue with.

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA