DVD Writing under RHEL 3 (WS)

Robert kerplop at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 22 14:26:47 UTC 2004

Chiu, PCM (Peter) wrote:
> I wonder what tools do people use to write dvd+RW under RHEL 3 (WS).
>
> I am trying to build xcdroast but it clashes with the dvdrecord
> and cdrecord that bundled with RHEL 3 kit.
>
> It complains something like:
> Invalid cdrecord Cloned version.
> Expecting at least 1.11a34.
>
> cdrecord bundled with RHEL 3 is Clone 2.01.0.a32-0.El3.1.
>
> I have also tried k3b, (using the RHEL dvdrecord and cdrecord).
> It can detect the Philips DVD+RW 8601, but it crashes out when
> I tried to put files to it.  Maybe it only works on CD-ROM, and
> not DVD+RW.
>
> Thanks.

You might try grabbing Fedora Core rpms.  I'm running FC3, kernel
2.6.9-1.667 with xcdroast-0.98a15-6 and cdrecord-2.01.1-5. Also, there
is the matter of installing the cdrecord-proDVD key, which is thoroughly
described here: http://fedoranews.org/tchung/xcdroast/
In fact, just reading that article/how-to might well provide all you need.