Red Hat hardware advice

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Thu Dec 23 12:42:32 UTC 2004

On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 01:13:33PM +0100, Bohmer, Andre ten wrote:
> We have Red Hat EL AS v3 and v2.1 running on top of about 40 HP Proliant
> server (dl-140/145/360/380). Due to serious problems regarding stability
> of a number of those servers (HP is looking into this problem) and the
> HP firmware craziness, just in case we have to make the though decision
> to change hardware brand, a question to you all. The grass always seems
> greener on the other side, so are there people who want to share their
> experience regarding Red Hat EL AS on top of let's see IBM or Sun
> hardware or maybe an other A brand?

We had this discussion on this list (or taroon-list) a month or so ago.
Many of us run exclusively on Proliants without any problems.
Personally, I have about a dozen Proliants at work and have never
experienced any stability problems of any kind.  They're rock solid and
we only reboot them for kernel updates.

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA