IP Forwarding/Masquerade

Marco A. Ramos mramos at sanyoval.net
Thu Dec 23 16:34:56 UTC 2004

To made Maswuerade (NAT) Use:
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j SNAT --to ip_to_NAT

To made forward use:
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -d ip_to_redirect --dport
port_to_redirect -j DNAT --to ip_redirected:port_redirected

The port redirection is optional.

For more information check:
http://www.netfilter.org/documentation/HOWTO//NAT-HOWTO.html