xinetd/rsync

Jim B. jim-rhlist at swissarmygeek.com
Mon Dec 27 23:16:34 UTC 2004

I'm trying to setup a pair of servers so that server A rsync's to server B
over a dedicated crossover connection they have.  The goal is to cron job
it and have it work without being prompted for a password.  Normally I'd
use ssh keys for something like this, only in this case they have a
dedicated crossover connection so I feel silly wasting the cpu to encrypt
the traffic.  Is there a way to use xinetd/tcpwrappers to allow only a
specific user the ability to rsync from serverA to serverB without being
prompted for a password?

Thanks
-jim