Linux Rescue Mode Help

Dave Martini 1 martini at raider.llnl.gov
Tue Dec 28 22:49:19 UTC 2004

Hmm tried that but didn't help.

I get the same result when booting in rescue mode in read/write or just
read mode, / doesn't mount.

An error after typing linux rescue states that

"some of all of your system did not mount"

I'm thinking if I can find a way to edit the /etc/fstab file
or mount /dev/hda2 so it's writeable I can get this fixed.

I noticed that run level emergency, 0 and 1 are all "read only" run
levels.

Dave.

Martini 1" <martini at raider.llnl.gov>