I am on a holiday but will respond tou your message as soon asIreturn

Daniel daniel at tkr.com.my
Wed Dec 29 00:29:33 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Linux" <linux at rogernet.org.uk>
To: "Mollatt Ntini" <mntini at mweb.co.zw>; "General Red Hat Linux discussion
list" <redhat-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2004 11:46 PM
Subject: Re: I am on a holiday but will respond tou your message as soon
asIreturn

> On Tue, 2004-12-28 at 15:23, Mollatt Ntini wrote:
>
> > Why the heck should we receive this on a public list???
> we should not.
> Why the heck do we receive this on a public list ?
> because the sender forgot when he turned on his out of office assistant
> or vacation notifier.
> It's a bit early to tell but it looks like at least it is a only once a
> day per address notifier not a blind reply to anything received.
> As I said it might be a bit early to tell eh could be receiving in
> digest but at least that would help anyway.
> Regards Roger

Hello People,

This is a self-help list. If you don't know already, key in "set help"
(without quotes) on the subject line and send to redhat-list-request and you
will receive the following D-I-Y help list. Look for "set delivery on/off"
to disable delivery temporary.

    set help
        Show this detailed help.

    set show [address=<address>]
        View your current option settings.  If you're posting from an
address
        other than your membership address, specify your membership address
        with `address=<address>' (no brackets around the email address, and
no
        quotes!).

    set authenticate <password> [address=<address>]
        To set any of your options, you must include this command first,
along
        with your membership password.  If you're posting from an address
        other than your membership address, specify your membership address
        with `address=<address>' (no brackets around the email address, and
no
        quotes!).

    set ack on
    set ack off
        When the `ack' option is turned on, you will receive an
        acknowledgement message whenever you post a message to the list.

    set digest plain
    set digest mime
    set digest off
        When the `digest' option is turned off, you will receive postings
        immediately when they are posted.  Use `set digest plain' if instead
        you want to receive postings bundled into a plain text digest
        (i.e. RFC 1153 digest).  Use `set digest mime' if instead you want
        receive postings bundled together into a MIME digest.

    set delivery on
    set delivery off
        Turn delivery on or off.  This does not unsubscribe you, but instead
        tells Mailman not to deliver messages to you for now.  This is
useful
        if you're going on vacation.  Be sure to use `set delivery on' when
        you return from vacation!

    set myposts on
    set myposts off
        Use `set myposts off' to not receive copies of messages you post to
        the list.  This has no effect if you're receiving digests.

    set hide on
    set hide off
        Use `set hide on' to conceal your email address when people request
        the membership list.

    set duplicates on
    set duplicates off
        Use `set duplicates off' if you want Mailman to not send you
messages
        if your address is explicitly mentioned in the To: or Cc: fields of
        the message.  This can reduce the number of duplicate postings you
        will receive.

    set reminders on
    set reminders off
        Use `set reminders off' if you want to disable the monthly password
        reminder for this mailing list.

I hope this helps.

Dan L