Pine mboxes to mysql maybe?

Northrup, Wilson wilson_northrup at merck.com
Fri Dec 31 20:27:14 UTC 2004

Hello everyone,

For years I've been using PINE to read mail.  It's really been fine but
after realizing my mailbox alone has gigs of mail, perhaps it is time to
change.  It seems that having email stored in a database would allow faster
and perhaps easier searching over using grep/sed to find a particular
message.

Ultimately, I'd like to have a setup that offers some type of text mail
interface (PINE  MUTT, maybe something else?) that I can use through SSH,
but also a web interface which includes the ability to search for keywords
throughout ones entire mail store.

There are lots of options available, I'd be interested in hearing any
experiences from others who may have done a similar conversion already.

wilson

Notice:  This e-mail message, together with any attachments, contains information of Merck & Co., Inc. (One Merck Drive, Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates (which may be known outside the United States as Merck Frosst, Merck Sharp & Dohme or MSD and in Japan, as Banyu) that may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this message.  If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete it from your system.