[ RedHat 9.0 - Xserver pbm ] X-server doesn't start! login screen keeps looping back :(

Pete Nesbitt pete at linux1.ca
Thu Feb 19 20:48:01 UTC 2004

On February 19, 2004 09:02 am, Crucificator wrote:
> I am not one of them but an X guru once replied to such a question by
> suggesting to remove all the temporary files that X created. See if this is
> maybe the problem. Low chance though...

Good idea. I know X seems to leave a lot of dot files in /tmp. Also, now that
you mention it, I have had X fail to start when I have been playing multiple
X sessions on a single box, and it left lock files that needed to be removed
to use that screen#. May not be relatede but it's certainly work cleaning out
the tmp files.
--
Pete Nesbitt, rhce