Reiserfs on 2.4.21-9.0.1

Howard Feiock Howard.Feiock at foremostfarms.com
Fri Feb 20 10:09:11 UTC 2004

I am having a problem with running Reiserfs on RHEL 3.0.  It works fine when I install the base system and the unsupported modules.  However, when I upgrade the kernel to 2.4.21-9.0.1 using up2date -uf, the kernel module no longer loads at boot.  I checked, and it does upgrade the unsupported modules when I upgrade the kernel, and the reiserfs module is in the new /lib/modules/2.4.21-9.0.1.ELsmp/unsupported/fs/reiserfs directory.  What can I do to ensure this is loaded at boot-time so my system will boot.  I use reiserfs for /usr /var /tmp and /home, so I really need it loaded.

Thanks in advance,

	Howard