Redhat Cert update (off spring of Fate or Redhat)

James Marcinek jmarc1 at jemconsult.biz
Tue Feb 24 12:48:06 UTC 2004

$250 per year is steep. You have to figure that Red Hat will only be
releasing RHEL at 18 to 24 month intervals, not 12 months. All 6 exams I
took for the MCSE were in this ball park and the MCSE for NT is still
valid (as far as I know) but even still that's been since 2000 and the
cert was available even before then.

I was under the impression that the certification was supposed to be good
for 2 releases so if it's 18-24 month per release (lets take 24 for the
math), that would mean the cert would be good for 4 years, which isn't
bad.

I still would like to see an upgrade course, giving some consideration to
costs.

I myself am in the unfortunate situation of not being in a position
requiring the skills ( I can't wait for that day). I ended up paying for
the  class out of my own pocket.