Redhat Cert update (off spring of Fate or Redhat)

Go, Jeffrey jeffrey.go at sap.com
Tue Feb 24 13:12:01 UTC 2004

I would have to agree with Ed.

I got my RHCT recently and also am certified in NT 4.0 and MCSA.

Needless to say, it felt good to get the RHCT because it was one of the few certs in the industry that actually made you pass the test by DOING the test.
There is a certain feeling of accomplishment that you know you did not pass through brain dumps. And don't get me wrong, I am not saying people who pass other certs do brain dumps.
But the fact of the matter is, NT 4.0's got a bad rap simply because of the companies out there offering "boot camps" and "pass guarantees".
W2k certs a bit better, because you have to know the material to pass.

Not to digress anymore, but I would rank RHCE right up there with the CCIE cert.

I am currently studying and my goal is to get the RHCE eventually.
In MHO, RHCE's, from the posts that I have seen in this forum, have a base knowledge that can be applied and transcends RH releases year after year.
Just my 2 cents////