mounting a remote drive

Hamilton Andrew Andrew.Hamilton at afccc.af.mil
Fri Feb 27 09:51:08 UTC 2004

Yes.  You can use nfs.  The port number is 2049, I think.  You'll have to
run the nfs server on the host with the drive and then you'll need to export
the file system via exportfs.  You can do a man of exportfs to get the
syntax.  You should also do a man nfsd.  You can actually have it listen on
any port you want if you run it yourself.  Don't run it as root.  That would
be insecure.  The two manpages I mentioned will also lead you to some
interesting reading on the subject.

Regards,

Drew