USB to serial bug

Mathieu Clabon mclabon at seatech.fau.edu
Fri Feb 27 10:29:19 UTC 2004

Hi Ed,
Thanks for your reply.

I indeed tried setserial /dev/usb/ttyUSB0, but all I get is: Cannot get
serial info: Invalid argument
But a stty -a < /dev/usb/ttyUSB0 gives me the config of the device,
which seems to be ok.

I actually get the same info with stty -a < /dev/usb/ttyUSB0 and stty -a
< /dev/ttyS0, but these two devices behave differently.

Moreover, I can't think of any reason why I get a kernel panic when I
reboot while a win hyperterm is trying to send data over the serial port.

As far as setup app for the device is concerned, it indeed came with a
driver .. for windows :-(

Since I don't really have time to try and fix that right now, I'm more
looking for advices regarding USB to serial that are known to work with
my kernel.

By the way, there was a typo in my previous post: I'm obviously using
kernels 2.4.20-x and not 20.4.20-x  ;-)

Suggestions welcome.
Thanks in advance
Mathieu