Re: IMAP set up how to

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, Roger Beever wrote:

>As I'm reading my mail increasingly from multiple locations I was
>wondering about setting up an IMAP server on my RH9 mail server which
>runs sendmail.
>Currently I'm using POP and setting most locations to leave a copy on
>the server. From what I gather IMAP would be neater.
>Could some one point me at a howto to achieve this.

If the 'imap' package isn't already installed, install it.  Then
run ntsysv and enable imap.  Then type "service imap start" and
the imap server is running.  There is no configuration required
(nor is there a config file for it).

Make sure you have no firewall running, or have configured imap
to be available through the firewall if necessary.